In order to make cannabis shortbread you will need cannabis-infused butter. Cannabis butter (or oil) will become the staple ingredient for all of your marijuana edibles.
Cloudy Kitchen has a great cannabutter recipe you can bookmark for future baking and cooking in the link HERE.
This shortbread recipe is incredibly simple and takes less than 30 minutes. The variety of shapes and sizes you can make with shortbread is also why it has become a favourite here in the Cloudy Kitchen.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Baking Time: 12 Minutes
You Will Need:
- Rolling Pin
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon Or Mixer
- Cookie Cutter (Any Shape)
- Baking Tray Lined With Parchment Paper/Baking Paper
Ingredients For Cannabis Shortbread:
- 454 Grams Cannabis-Infused Butter (One Pound)
- 200 Grams Caster Sugar (7.1 Ounces)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 500 Grams of Plain Flour (Just Over One Pound)
- (Optional) Melted Chocolate
Leave Your Cannabis Infused Butter Out To Warm For At Least One Hour Before Making Shortbreads. This Can Also Be Achieved In The Microwave.
Cannabis Shortbread Method:
Pre-Heat Oven To 180 Degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit)
- Mix The Butter And Sugar Together (By Hand Or With A Mixer) Until It Forms A Fluffy Texture – This Is Also Known As “Creaming”.
- Stir Vanilla Extract Into Butter/Sugar Mix
- Then, Add Plain Flour To Mix And Combine Well
- Remove Shortbread Dough From Mixing Bowl And Place On Lightly Floured Surface
- Roll Dough With Rolling Pin Into 1cm (Less Than Half An Inch) Thickness
- Cut Shortbread With Cookie Cutter
- Finally, Using Spatula, Gently Place Shortbread Cookies Onto Prepared Baking Tray
- Bake For 10-12 Minutes
- Remove From Oven And Allow To Cool – Add A Sprinkling of Caster Sugar To The Shortbread If You Desire
(Optional) Cover Top-Side Of Shortbread With Melted Chocolate And Refridgerate
This is one of the easiest shortbread recipes you will be able to find. Adding cannabis to shortbread is a very interesting combination, and since shortbread uses so much cannabis butter, they can be very strong treats.
The main variable in this recipe is the strength of your cannabis-infused butter. If you need a good cannabis butter recipe check ours out and bookmark it for future reference.