The research concerning CBD and diabetes is still in its infancy and scientific studies in humans have been somewhat limited. Learn more about CBD for diabetes below.
Firstly, the human endocannabinoid system is composed of retrograde neurotransmitters. These transmitters process feedback between, and functions of, cells in the body. It is like these transmitters within the body are sending messages to each other, depending on the health of function of these types of cells.
CBD Will NOT Cure, or Reverse, Diabetes
Unfortunately, many CBD companies are run more like snake-oil companies from the late 1800s, with the bottom dollar being the only goal. These types of companies are often multi-level-marketing schemes that make big claims that cannot/will not be proven.
Dr. Taz Bhatia, of Atlanta, says, “While CBD oil can have an important role to play in medicine, it is difficult finding unbiased information”.
CBD For Diabetes – Insulin Resistance And CBD
The Journal of Clinical Investigation found that CBD’s powerful anti-inflammatory effects may have an effect on reversing insulin resistance. This could be good news for those at risk of developing the disease.
When the body is inflamed, cells will begin to reject insulin and this may lead to high blood-sugar levels, prediabetes, and type 2 diabetes.
If You Use Cannabis Regularly, You Have Less Chance of Developing Diabetes
According to the American Journal of Medicine, “studies have found lower prevalence rates of obesity and diabetes in marijuana users compared with people who have never used marijuana, suggesting a relationship between cannabinoids and peripheral metabolic processes”
Furthermore, in this study, regular cannabis use correlated with a smaller waistline and less obesity.
This is just some of the information that is available concerning CBD for diabetes. According to Dr. Bhatia, CBD may help those with diabetic nerve pain (neuropathic pain), but you should never cut back on diabetic medications.
In Canada alone, Diabetics are 3 times more likely to develop cardiovascular disease and more than 20 times more likely to suffer a limb amputation.
Diabetes is a very serious ailment, and there are many CBD companies who tout their products for just about anything.
The FDA of the United States of America has been vigilant in recent times, sending many cease and desist letters to CBD companies who claim that their products can help, or may even reverse Diabetes.
Please do your own research when it comes to cannabis and any ailment. Use appropriate MEDICAL sources like the ones we have listed here.
CBD CAN Become A Beneficial Medicine For:
Medical Sources – CBD For Diabetes
- CBD attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, fibrosis, and inflammatory and cell death signalling pathways in diabetic cardiomyopathy
- CBD lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice
- Neuroprotective and blood-retinal barrier-preserving effects of CBD in experimental diabetes
- Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice
- Diabetic retinopathy: Role of inflammation and potential therapies for anti-inflammation
- Cannabinoids alter endothelial function in the Zucker rat model of type 2 diabetes
- The endocannabinoid system in obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids in metabolic disorders with a focus on diabetes
- The endocannabinoid system and plant-derived cannabinoids in diabetes and diabetic complications
- Cannabinoid-mediated modulation of neuropathic pain and microglial accumulation in a model of murine type I diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain