While it may feel much more intense than smoking, edible cannabis is one of the safest ways many patients choose to consume their beloved medicine. Cannabutter has become one of the most popular infusions for many cannabis lovers across the world. Learn how to make an easy cannabutter that you can add to an incredibly wide variety of dishes.
This easy method involves the stovetop, however, if you want to use a slow cooker, check out our other method right here.
This cannabutter used 7 grams of ground cannabis buds, however, cannabutter can also be made with stems, kief, clippings, and cannabis that has already been vaped.
The amount of cannabis you use will depend entirely on your own individual tolerance.
To Make This Easy Cannabutter You Need:
7 Grams of Ground Cannabis (You Can Also Use Stems, Kief, Concentrates Etc)
One Stick of Butter (Approx 113grams)
Large & Small Bowls
Smaller Silicone Container/Stainless Steel Bowl/Mason Jar (Must Be Able To Fit Inside Pot)
Rubber Band or Tape (To Secure Cheesecloth)
If you would like to use a mould for this cannabutter, check out some of these ones which you can buy straight from Amazon.
How To Decarb (Decarboxylate) Cannabis For Cannabutter
- Preheat conventional oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit (115 Celsius)
- Take a cookie tray/baking tray and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil
- Cover the aluminum foil with the ground cannabis
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove dried cannabis from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool
Decarbing cannabis brings out valuable cannabinoids such as CBN. This is why using marijuana that has already been vaped has become a very common ingredient for cannabutter. Think of it as using your cannabis twice if you use already vaped bud in your recipes. Also, using vaped cannabis cuts out the entire decarbing process, which is great news if you don’t want your home to smell.
Cloudy Kitchen Easy Stovetop Cannabutter Method
- Firstly, Grind Your Cannabis If You Have Not Done So And Decarb, Using The Method Above
- Slice Butter Into Small Pieces And Place In Small Container/ Stainless Steel Bowl/Mason Jar
- Add Decarbed Cannabis To The Butter
- Fill Your Pot To About Halfway With Water
- Now, Place Your Container of Cannabis And Butter In The Water
- Set Pot On Medium-Low Heat Until Butter Is Melted, Then, Switch To Low (Approx 10 Mins)
- It Is Important That You Do No Let The Water Boil At All During The Cooking Process
- Stir Occasionally, And Remove From Heat After At Least 3 Hours On The Element
- Strain Through A Cheesecloth Into Another Container
- Transfer Cannabutter Into Refridgerator or Freezer To Set
Tips For Cooking With Cannabis Butter
- Portion Vertically; Cannabis Butter May Set With A Lot of The Cannabinoids Towards The Bottom
- Mix Cannabutter Well When Baking/Cooking
- Be Careful of The Temperatures You Cook At
Thanks to our friend at Kind Medz Arizona who provided this awesome THC calculator for cannabis butter!
There you go, an easy cannabutter recipe that anyone can make!
We also have a slow cooker cannabis butter recipe right here on our website. For our slow-cooker cannabutter recipe, click here. This cannabutter recipe is also incredibly easy to make, and you can make quite a lot in a small slow cooker!
Remember, the strength of your cannabutter will depend entirely on the strain used as well as your personal tolerance. This recipe is intended for those who have had experience with cannabis butter in the past, either as a medicine or for recreation.
Metabolizing cannabis, instead of smoking, is what makes edibles THAT much stronger. Edible cannabis products, made with cannabutter, have become a booming market in the United States, and once regulations come through, also in Canada. Cannabis can be a strong substance for some. It is important that proper research is done before consuming cannabis.
Some of our cannabis edible recipes that call for a lot of cannabutter: