Cloudy Kitchen Slow Cooker Recipe For Cannabis Butter
Personally, I prefer slow-cooked cannabis butter; I find the taste from slow-cooked cannabutter is cleaner overall once mixed into my favourite foods. I also use this method to make cannabis-infused coconut oil.
It is important to remember that no one has ever died from ingesting cannabis. Please check out this article if you need for information about THC, CBD, and cannabis in general. While it may feel much more intense than smoking, edible cannabis is one of the safest ways many patients choose to consume their beloved medicine.
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6 Hours
Cooling Time: 4-6 Hours In Fridge (Overnight Works Best)
To Make Slow Cooker Cannabis Butter You Will Need:
- A Slow Cooker, Can Be Found For As Little As $20
- Cannabis buds. The Amount Depends Entirely On Tolerance: 7 grams of cannabis in 454g of butter is a good starting point for first-timers)
- Cheese Cloth
- Steel or Silicone Mixing Bowl, Also, A Pyrex Measuring Cup or Mason Can Be Used
- 1lb (454g) of Butter
- Preheat conventional oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit (115 Celsius)
- Take a cookie tray/baking tray and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil
- Cover the aluminum foil with the ground cannabis
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove dried cannabis from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool
Decarbing cannabis brings out valuable cannabinoids such as CBN. This is why using marijuana that has already been vaped has become a very common ingredient for cannabutter. Think of it as using your cannabis twice if you use already vaped bud in your recipes.
Cloudy Kitchen Slow Cooker Cannabis Butter – Easy Cannabutter Recipe
Firstly, decarb your cannabis using the method outlined above. Decarboxylating cannabis will become second nature after a few batches of cannabutter. Once decarbed, wrap your dried cannabis in cheesecloth and secure with a rubber band.
How To Make Cannabutter In A Slow Cooker
- Set slow cooker to the lowest cooking setting
- Add squared butter to bowl or jar
- Fill slow cooker with enough water to reach the halfway point of your bowl or jar
- Add cheesecloth bag full of dried, ground cannabis to butter inside bowl/jar
- Place bowl or jar carefully into the water
- Leave butter and cannabis to melt together
- Cover, and stir every 90 minutes
- Cannabutter will be ready in 6 hours
- Once ready, squeeze out residue from cheesecloth bag into the melted cannabis butter
- Transfer cannabutter into a container with a lid, Tupperware is effective and also easy to clean out.
Keep the cheesecloth bag of cannabis in a sandwich bag in the freezer (they make great cannabis tea bags)
Place cannabis butter in the fridge until solid. For quicker solidifying, throw your cannabutter in the freezer for an hour.
You have now made your very own slow-cooked cannabutter!
Cannabutter can also be made with stems, kief, clippings, and cannabis that has already been vaped!
CBD infused butter is also a convenient way to consume this wonderful substance. Substitute your dried cannabis for CBD oil according to your needs and use this same recipe for CBD butter! CBD butter can also be a great way for pets to enjoy the benefits of CBD if they are suffering from pain, anxiety, and a number of different issues.
Start adding this cannabutter to various meals, baking recipes, and even tea/coffee and let me know how you like it.
Some of my favourite recipes with cannabis include cannabis gingerbread men, cannabis brownies (a classic), and savoury options like slow cooked chicken infused with bbq sauce, spices, and cannabutter.
Remember, the strength of your cannabutter will depend entirely on the strain used as well as your personal tolerance. This recipe is intended for those who have had experience with cannabis butter in the past, either as a medicine or for recreation.
Metabolizing cannabis, instead of smoking, is what makes edibles THAT much stronger. Edible cannabis products, made with cannabutter, have become a booming market in the United States, and once regulations come through, also in Canada. Cannabis can be a strong substance for some. It is important that the proper research is done before consuming cannabis.
Thank you for reading this post, comment below if you have used this recipe for cannabutter, or if you have ideas for food that contain this amazing substance. Cheers, Cloudy Kitchen Editorial Staff