In order to make cannabis tea, you must have a cheesecloth sack full of marijuana buds, kief, stems, or whatever you have used in previous cannabis butter or oil recipes.
There are a massive variety of reasons as to why people need to consume cannabis other than smoking it. One of the main reasons is the fact that smoking does get the absolute most out of your marijuana.
Some individuals, such as athletes, the elderly, and others with severe ailments, that need the strongest possible effects from their cannabis. This is where ingesting and edible marijuana comes in handy.
This tea is great for people who want a refreshing drink that is infused with cannabis.
In the Cloudy Kitchen cannabis butter and coconut oil recipes, we told you to freeze your cheesecloth bag of bi-product/end product. Some of the fats from the oil/butter will have seeped into your cannabis, and since marijuana is not water soluble, this infusion is perfect to add to a drink like tea.
Wrap this cheesecloth bag in another piece of cheesecloth and secure with a zip-tie.
This recipe makes approximately 4.5 litres of weed tea as some of the water will boil off during the heating process.
- Consumed Orally
- Has A SLOWER Onset Time (Effects May Not Be Felt For 1-3 Hours)
- Easier To Dose Once Tolerance/Need Has Been Determined
How To Make Cannabis Tea
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes (Minimum)
To Make Cannabis Tea You Will Need:
- 2x 2.25litre Soft Drink Bottles OR 7x Powerade Style Bottles
- 2x Large Pots
- Cheese Cloth
Cannabis Tea Ingredients
- 4-6 Teabags (Depending on How Strong You Like The Tea Flavour)
- 5 Litres Water (10 Cups)
- Cheesecloth With Bi-Product From from Cannabis Butter/Oil Made In Slow Cooker
You Can Use Any Kind Of Tea Bags With This Recipe, I Prefer Using Berry And Fruit Flavours Myself.
How To Make Cannabis Tea – Method
- Fill Large Pot With 10 Cups of Warm Water
- Place Pot on Element At Medium/High Heat
- Wait Until Water Is Almost Boiled, Then, Change Heat To Low
- Add Cannabis Cheese Cloth To Water
- Cannabis Oils Will Start To Seep Out And Create An Oily Layer On The Top of The Water
- Leave for 45 Minutes
- Now, Add Tea Bags To Water
- Leave To Heat For at Least One Hour; I Leave Mine On Oven For Up To 2.5 Hours
- Steep Teabags In The Heated Water On The Oven
- Remove Tea Bags and Cannabis Cheese Cloth From Water
- Turn Element Off And Leave Tea To Cool
Tea Transfering Process
In order to transfer the tea into smaller bottles, it is necessary that is strained through cheesecloth and a strainer. This can be done into the second large pot that you have.
Once strained, this tea should be placed into smaller, more convenient bottles. I usually transfer my tea into 2 or 3 Powerade/Gatorade style bottles as well as a large soft drink bottle. This allows me to take the tea out for a day, or to serve smaller cups of it while at home.
Important Information For Making This Tea
Let tea cool down to room temperature before refrigeration.
Cannabis oil/butter may clump in tea in the fridge. Before serving, shake the bottle very well. Add warm water to fully dissolve oils/butter clumps and stir well before drinking.Cloudy Kitchen Cannabis
This tea will keep for up to 3 months in the refrigerator and makes for an extremely convenient way to ingest cannabis.
Personally, I will take a bottle of this tea, put in a thermos with some boiling water and take it out for the day. This tea can be very strong depending on the strength of your cannabis butter or oil.
I tried drinking some at my job one day, and I found it made me incredibly sleepy, although the cheesecloth tea bag I used for that batch of tea used a lot of kief and cannabis buds.
Metabolizing cannabis, instead of smoking, is what makes edibles THAT much stronger. Edible cannabis products, made with cannabutter, or cannabis coconut oil, have become a booming market in the United States, and once regulations come through, also in Canada. Cannabis can be a strong substance for some. It is important that
It is important to remember that no one has ever died from ingesting cannabis. Please check out this article if you need for information about THC, CBD, and cannabis in general. While it may feel much more intense than smoking, edible cannabis is one of the safest ways many patients choose to consume their beloved medicine.